Friday, September 18, 2009

What is Love?...


If I could speak in any language in heaven or on earth but didn't love others, I would only be making meaningless noise like a loud gong or a clanging cymbal. If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I knew all the mysteries of the future and knew everything about everything, but didn't love others, what good would I be? ...And if I had the gift of faith so that I could speak to a mountain and make it move, without love I would be no good to anybody. If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it, but if I didn't love others, I would be of no value whatsoever.

I remember Rev. Elias speaking to his bride and groom in his ceremony and said, "I want you to remember a moment in your life that brings joy to your hearts, I want you to remember the times of you courting each other that brings joy of your life, I want you to remember the long evenings of missing each other that brings love to your heart. For you see when I was a young man my grandmother asked me “why do people yell at each other”, I sat there and soon enough my grandfather stuck out his head and said, “Because we’re always so far apart”, I did not understand it as an eight year old, I understand it as an adult, so I ask, when you come face to face with obstacles….get close, hold each other just the way your holding each other, look at each other just the way you look at each other, and remember a simple passage that says, “Love is patient and love is kind, love does not envy and love does not boast, love is not proud and love is not rude, love is not self seeking, love does not delight in evil but rejoices in the truth and for this reason love keeps no records of loss, love always hopes, trust, and always protects, love always perseveres. Of the great virtues in life faith, hope and love, when you are face to face with obstacles the love between each other will be the greatest of all. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment